– Head to Android Device Manager on your PC.
– Select your Android device from the Menu of your registered device.
– Select the option “Erase” from the list and confirm it by clicking on the Erase button.
Press and hold the Volume up button, the Power button and the Home button at the same time. When you feel the device vibrate, release ONLY the Power button. A screen menu will now appear. When you see this, release the remaining buttons.
Subsequently, How do I reset my phone if the touchscreen doesnt work?
– Restart the device. It may sound pretty basic, but when your touch screen stops working, simply restarting your touch screen device is usually all it takes to fix the problem. …
– Clean the touch screen and screen protector.
Also, How do I reset my iPhone if the touchscreen isn’t working?
If your iPhone won’t turn off in the normal way — or if turning your iPhone off and back on again doesn’t solve the problem — try doing a hard reset. To do this, hold the Power and Home Buttons down at the same time. Wait several seconds, until the Apple logo appears on the screen, and then let go.
Can I remotely erase my Android phone if it is off?
Erase Your Phone Finally, you can use Google Find My Device to erase your Android phone remotely. It will delete all content from your device. Note that once you perform this, you won’t be able to use Find My Device to locate your smartphone, as this is basically a factory reset.
Last Review : 9 days ago.
- 1 What if touch screen stops working?
- 2 How can I use my phone without touching the screen?
- 3 What do you do when your touchscreen stops working?
- 4 How do I wipe my phone if its broken?
- 5 How do I delete all data from my stolen Android phone?
- 6 How can I get data off a dead phone?
- 7 Can Android phone be wiped remotely?
- 8 How do I factory reset my Android phone without turning it on?
- 9 Does Android Device Manager work if phone is off?
- 10 How do I factory reset my iPhone if the screen doesn’t work?
- 11 Can you factory reset an iPhone with a broken screen?
- 12 How do I fix an unresponsive touch screen?
- 13 What is remote wiping?
- 14 How do I wipe my iPhone if it wont turn on?
- 15 What causes unresponsive touch screen?
What if touch screen stops working?
If your touchscreen isn’t responsive or not working how you would expect, try restarting your PC. If you’re still having problems, check for updates: Select Start , then select Settings . In Settings, select Update & security , then WindowsUpdate , and then select the Check for updates button.
How can I use my phone without touching the screen?
What do you do when your touchscreen stops working?
– Reboot Your Touchscreen Device. …
– Clean Your Touchscreen. …
– Troubleshoot the Drivers. …
– Disable and Enable Touchscreen Drivers. …
– Update Your Device Driver.
How do I wipe my phone if its broken?
– iPhones and iPads: Connect your gadget to a computer and perform the “restore” function. …
– Android phones and tablets: If your Android phone or tablet’s screen is broken, you can still boot it into recovery mode and wipe your personal data off, using a combination of the power and volume buttons.
How do I delete all data from my stolen Android phone?
To do this, make sure you first select the lost/stolen device from the main drop-down, and then tap Erase. You’ll be prompted to confirm the process (one that will delete apps, media, settings, and user data). Again, tap Erase, and the process of a factory reset will begin.
How can I get data off a dead phone?
– Take the Phone Apart and Locate the Memory Chip.
– Preheat the PCB.
– Remove the Memory Chip with Hot Air.
– Clean the Memory Chip With a Soldering Iron, Flux, and Alcohol.
– Read the Memory Chip in a Socket Reader.
– Extract the Data Using WinHex and SQLiteBrowser.
Can Android phone be wiped remotely?
You can use Android Lost to erase the data from your Android phone remotely. To do that, go to the Controls section of the Android Lost website. Then click Security.
How do I factory reset my Android phone without turning it on?
Turn off the phone and then press and hold the Volume Up key and Power key simultaneously until the Android system recover screen appears. Use the Volume Down key to highlight the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then use the Power button to make the selection.
Does Android Device Manager work if phone is off?
This means that the Android Device Manager app isn’t installed nor signed it, and you won’t be able to track it any longer. This also works when the power is off. Google gets a push message ready to go and as soon as the phone is on and connected to the Internet it will shut down and factory reset itself.
How do I factory reset my iPhone if the screen doesn’t work?
– Plug your iPhone into your computer and open iTunes. …
– Press and hold the Sleep / Wake Button and Home Button together for 8 seconds.
– After 8 seconds, release the Sleep / Wake Button but continue to hold the Home Button.
– Let go of the Home Button or volume down button. …
– Restore your iPhone using iTunes.
Can you factory reset an iPhone with a broken screen?
Step 1Visit www.iCloud.com, and log in with your Apple ID. Step 2Click Find My iPhone > All Devices. Step 3Select the screen-broken iPhone, and select Erase iPhone. This would perform a factory reset on the device.
How do I fix an unresponsive touch screen?
– Put the device in safe mode.
– Use the device’s calibration tool or sensitivity setting.
– Update or reinstall your drivers.
What is remote wiping?
Remote wipe enables you to remotely erase the data on the mobile device if the device is lost or stolen. If you enable the remote wipe feature on your mobile device, you can permanently delete data stored on your lost or stolen mobile device. You should make sure the erase feature completely erases the data.
How do I wipe my iPhone if it wont turn on?
– Press the Power button on your device.
– Hold the Volume Down button.
– Keep holding both the buttons for another 10 seconds.
– Let go of the buttons as the Apple logo will appear on the screen.
What causes unresponsive touch screen?
A smartphone touchscreen can become unresponsive for several reasons. For example, a brief hiccup in your phone’s system could render it unresponsive. While this is often the simplest cause of unresponsiveness, other factors like moisture, debris, app glitches and viruses can all affect your device’s touchscreen.