– Take the cartridge out of the printer.
– Politely remove the tape from the left corner and tape over the contact squares on the top right corner. …
– Now gently remove the reinsert the cartridge, remember this time no tape should be there on any of the contacts.
Hold down number 9 & # key, plug in the power and turn the printer on. Printer will reset it self.
Subsequently, Why won’t my HP printer print after I changed the ink?
Running an extended cleaning cycle may correct the problem and help the printer recognize the cartridge. Check your printer for a “Cleaning” button and press it or hold it down for a few seconds. … After running the cleaning cycle, print a test page to determine whether the printer can print again.
Also, How do I get my HP printer to recognize my refilled cartridge?
– Restart the printer and check if it can able to identify the refilled ink cartridges.
– Look if the ink level status has been changed from low ink to full.
– Reset the internal memory to make so that the printer identifies the filled cartridge.
– Peel off the protective strips from the nozzle part.
Is there a reset button on HP ink cartridges?
While a Hewlett Packard (HP) inkjet cartridge can be refilled easily, getting it to work again in the printer is another matter. The contacts on the back of the cartridge are programmed to read the ink level, but they don’t reset for the printer just because you add more ink.
Last Review : 6 days ago.
- 1 Why is my HP printer not accept refilled cartridge?
- 2 How do I reset my HP printer after refilling ink?
- 3 How do I fix my HP ink cartridge is not recognized?
- 4 How do I get my HP printer to recognize a new ink cartridge?
- 5 Why is my printer not printing after changing cartridges?
- 6 Why is my printer printing blank pages when it has ink?
- 7 Is there a reset button on ink cartridges?
- 8 Why is my HP ink cartridge not recognized?
- 9 Why is my HP printer not printing even though it has ink?
- 10 Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
- 11 How do you bypass an incompatible HP ink cartridge?
- 12 How do you reset an ink cartridge?
- 13 Can I use non HP cartridges in my printer?
- 14 How do I fix my ink cartridge not recognized?
- 15 What do I do when my printer says incompatible ink cartridge?
Why is my HP printer not accept refilled cartridge?
Ink cartridges that have been refilled can damage the integrity of the ink cartridge which can sometimes cause leaks in your printer. The manufacturers chip would also need to be reset as the printer may read the chip and think that it is empty. … If this isn’t done, then the printer will fail to recognise the cartridge.
How do I reset my HP printer after refilling ink?
Press the “On” button on your printer to turn it on, wait 20 seconds, then turn it off. Allow the printer to completely turn off. Repeat this step five times so that the HP cartridge identification information will be erased from the printer’s memory.
How do I fix my HP ink cartridge is not recognized?
– Remove the new ink cartridge from the printer.
– Turn off your HP printer and detach its power cord for 10 minutes.
– Reconnect the power cord but don’t turn on the power button just yet.
– Reload the new ink cartridge back into the printer.
How do I get my HP printer to recognize a new ink cartridge?
– Remove the unrecognised cartridge and put in an older one.
– Leave your printer alone for around ten minutes.
– Take the old cartridge out and put the previous one in again.
– Restart the machine and it should now work.
Why is my printer not printing after changing cartridges?
Verify the ink cartridge(s) has been inserted properly. If a lever has been changed from its original position to allow the installation of ink cartridges, ensure it has been returned to its original position. Perform a head cleaning on printer if available. Try resetting the ink cartridge counter.
Why is my printer printing blank pages when it has ink?
Several factors may cause the product to print blank pages, such as print settings, low ink, or the product itself. … Print a nozzle check pattern to see if any of the nozzles are clogged. Clean the print head, if necessary. Make sure the paper size, orientation, and layout settings in your printer software are correct.
After removing the printer cartridges, examine the end of a cartridge where the copper contacts are found. On some models, there is a reset button located above the contacts in the center. … After resetting each cartridge, you can then replace them and the printer should accept them as if they were new.
Why is my HP ink cartridge not recognized?
A new toner or ink cartridge not being recognized usually happens when you are replacing or changing an empty one, regardless of what brand of printer you own. … Your HP printer displays ‘HP Cartridge Locked’ or ‘Cartridge Protection enabled’.
Why is my HP printer not printing even though it has ink?
If it’s not the cartridge and not the printhead, it’s possible that the problem is with the software/printer driver. Tweaking the paper settings is one way to solve the problem. Try changing the printer driver settings to select “glossy photo paper” as this may trigger the printer to start printing again.
Why is my HP printer connected but not printing?
Make sure your devices are properly connected with each other, and the network or the cable you use to connect these devices is normal. You can also try restarting your HP printer. Turn it off completely and unplug the power cord, leave it for a couple of minutes, and then plug the cord back and power on the printer.
How do you bypass an incompatible HP ink cartridge?
– Remove all of the cartridges from the printer.
– Place the incompatible ink cartridge back in the printer.
– Power off the printer and unplug its power cord from the wall– wait 10-15 minutes.
– Plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.
– Insert the next incompatible ink cartridge, one at a time.
How do you reset an ink cartridge?
Can I use non HP cartridges in my printer?
You won’t be able to use the ink cartridges on a new printer if they have already been loaded to your old one. HP’s cartridge protection setting can sometimes work against brand new genuine or started cartridges as reported by some users.5 days ago
How do I fix my ink cartridge not recognized?
Check the copper banding on each of the cartridges. This is their contact chip and what communicates with the printer. Give them each a gentle wipe with a cloth or pencil eraser to ensure they are clean and dust free. Reinstall the cartridge to your machine and restart the printer, this should clear the error.
What do I do when my printer says incompatible ink cartridge?
– First, take all of the cartridges out of the printer (including any that are working, or do not need replacement).
– Put the problem cartridge back in on its own. …
– Turn the printer off and unplug it from the wall for about ten minutes.