– After a couple of days of sleep deprivation, I become really grouchy. …
– The child was incredibly pale after enduring light depravation while locked in a basement. …
– Because Kelly’s parents were not affectionate, she grew up suffering from a deprivation of love and affection.
And who was she to deprive him because of her beliefs? For some reason you wish to deprive me of our former friendship. The princess is too kind to wish to deprive me of the pleasure of spending the evening with you.
Subsequently, What is an example of deprivation?
Deprivation is defined as the state of having something withheld from the enjoyment or possession of someone. An example of deprivation is a prisoner of war being denied enough food to live.
Also, What is the synonym of deprivation?
SYNONYMS. dispossession, withholding, withdrawal, removal, taking away, stripping, divestment, divestiture, wresting away, expropriation, seizure, confiscation, robbing, appropriation. denial, forfeiture, loss. absence, lack, unavailability, deficiency, dearth.
How do you use the word deprive?
– to take something away from deprived him of his professorship— J. M. Phalen the risk of injury when the brain is deprived of oxygen.
– to withhold something from deprived a citizen of her rights.
– to remove from office the Archbishop . would be deprived and sent to the Tower— Edith Sitwell.
Last Review : 6 days ago.
- 1 What does depravation mean?
- 2 What is the difference between deprived and depraved?
- 3 How do you use deprive?
- 4 What is a sentence for deprivation?
- 5 What is a deprived person?
- 6 What are state of being deprived of something?
- 7 What does hasnt mean?
- 8 What is sexually deprived mean?
- 9 How do you use deprived in a sentence?
- 10 What is self deprivation?
- 11 What happens when you are sexually deprived?
- 12 What does deprivation mean?
- 13 What does deprivation mean in law?
- 14 What is a good sentence for deprived?
- 15 What is a depraved person called?
What does depravation mean?
The state of being depraved or degenerated; degeneracy; depravity.
What is the difference between deprived and depraved?
To keep this pair straight, you’ll in most cases be safe if you remember this: use deprived if something is being taken away or kept from someone; use depraved if you want to describe what is evil or just plain immoral.
How do you use deprive?
: to take (something) away from (someone or something) : to not allow (someone or something) to have or keep (something) The change in her status deprived her of access to classified information. The new environmental law will deprive some fishermen of their livelihood. They’re depriving him of a chance to succeed.
What is a sentence for deprivation?
Examples of deprivation in a Sentence She is studying the effects of sleep deprivation. She eventually overcame the deprivations of her childhood.
What is a deprived person?
Being deprived means lacking important things like food and water. For example, when warm clothing, housing, and nutrition are in short supply, the people are deprived of basics of life. You can use the adjective deprived to describe conditions or people who don’t have what they need or don’t have enough.
What are state of being deprived of something?
A state of deprivation means something is missing, and the situation is serious. If you’re suffering from sleep deprivation, you haven’t slept in a long time. If you know the word deprive — meaning to keep something away from someone — then you’re close to knowing what deprivation means.
What does hasnt mean?
What is sexually deprived mean?
Definitions of sex-starved. adjective. desiring but deprived of sexual gratification. Synonyms: sexy. marked by or tending to arouse sexual desire or interest.
How do you use deprived in a sentence?
– If the plant is deprived of water, it will die. …
– Jane fell asleep while driving because she had been deprived of sleep for nearly two days. …
– When children are neglected by their parents, they are deprived of love and support. …
– Alzheimer’s has deprived my grandfather of his memory.
What is self deprivation?
: voluntary denial of oneself from possessing, using, consuming, or enjoying something desired No self-deprivation is called for, but simply the understanding that the healthiest, tastiest, and most nourishing way to eat is also the most economical, most compassionate, and least polluting.—
What happens when you are sexually deprived?
When sexual abstinence is involuntary, some individuals may feel negative effects on their mental health. Conversely, people who do not feel sexual desire may find these feelings distressing. Not having sex when in a relationship can make a person feel insecure or anxious.
What does deprivation mean?
1 : the state of being kept from possessing, enjoying, or using something : the state of being deprived : privation especially : removal from an office, dignity, or benefice.
What does deprivation mean in law?
The taking away from a clergyman hisbenefice or other spiritual promotion or dignity, either by sentence declaratory in theproper court for fit and sufficient causes or in pursuance of divers penal statutes whichdeclare the benefice void for some nonfeasance or neglect, or some malfeasance orcrime.
What is a good sentence for deprived?
Deprived sentence example. He was sleep deprived and not exactly in the mood. In 1479 the native princes were deprived of all independence. On the accession of Mary he was deprived of all his offices, but in the succeeding reign was prominently employed in public affairs.
What is a depraved person called?
A person whose behavior is regarded as debauched, abnormal and unacceptable. pervert. degenerate. debauchee. deviant.