Right now, copper transformers sell to scrap yards for an average of $0.15/lb, but it isn’t unusual to see the price as high as 17-19 cents* per pound.
Similarly, Can you scrap old transformers?
Small transformers can be found on low grade Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) like those out of VHS players or CRT computer monitors or Scrap Televisions. These have a large amount of small transformers. In all honesty, they are usually not worth pulling out, so don’t go out of your way to scrap them.
Additionally, Are transformers worth anything? Case in point, Transformers toys. … It should come as no surprise that the original toys are worth the most, some fetching prices for that of a used car. These so called “generation one” or “Gen 1” or “G1” toys are highly sought after by collectors, and bidding wars happen on a regular basis.
- 1 How much copper is inside of a transformer?
- 2 How much does a transformer weigh?
- 3 What transformers are collectible?
- 4 What are the rarest transformers?
- 5 How do you sell a transformer?
- 6 What is inside of a transformer?
- 7 What is the rate of old copper?
- 8 How do you calculate the weight of a transformer?
- 9 How much does a 1500 kVA transformer weight?
- 10 How much does a 37.5 kVA transformer weight?
- 11 What are the most collectible Transformers?
- 12 How much are Transformers comics worth?
- 13 How much is the original Optimus Prime?
- 14 What is the most valuable transformer?
- 15 Who is the oldest transformer?
- 16 How much is a Pepsi Optimus Prime worth?
- 17 How much do Transformers sell for?
- 18 How much is Fortress Maximus worth?
- 19 Should I open my transformers?
- 20 What kind of oil is inside of a transformer?
- 21 Do transformers have oil in them?
How much copper is inside of a transformer?
But what about cost? Rahangdale says, In a typical large transformer, 50% of the cost is in materials. Of that, about 15% to 20% is for copper and an equal percentage is for steel structural members and core laminations with the remainder in oil, insulation and the rest.
How much does a transformer weigh?
Although the costs and pricing vary by manufacturer and by size, an LPT can cost millions of dollars and weigh between approximately 100 and 400 tons (or between 200,000 and 800,000 pounds).
What transformers are collectible?
The 10 Best Transformers Collectibles On Sideshow
- 10 ANIMATED OPTIMUS PRIME.
- 9 BUMBLEBEE 2018.
- 8 BLITZWING.
- 7 G1 STARSCREAM.
- 6 MEGATRON DELUXE.
- 5 ULTRA MAGNUS.
- 4 FLAME TOYS OPTIMUS PRIME.
- 3 SOUNDWAVE.
What are the rarest transformers?
10 Rarest Transformers Toys in the Universe
- Giant Black Zarak.
- Unicron with Kranix Platinum Edition.
- G1 Guyhawk.
- Headmaster Minerva.
- C-16 Galva Lio Convoy Lucky Draw.
- Lucky Draw Crayola Convoy Robot Masters G1.
- Optimus Optimal Prototype.
- Meister – Mazda RX-8 Mayuko Iwasa Edition.
How do you sell a transformer?
Best Places To Sell Transformer Toys
- Local Pawn Shop. While not necessarily the place to go if you want anywhere near fair value for your Transformer toys, where pawn shops do excel is providing speed and convenience of sale. …
- Local Collectibles or Comics Store. …
- eBay. …
- Sell Your Transformer Toys To Neat Stuff Collectibles.
What is inside of a transformer?
Distribution transformers consist of a magnetic core made from laminations of sheet silicon steel (transformer steel) stacked and either glued together with resin or banded together with steel straps, with the primary and secondary wire windings wrapped around them.
What is the rate of old copper?
India Copper Scrap Price
|Copper heavy scrap||722000.00||
Rupee / Ton
|Copper sheet cutting||716000.00||Rupee / Ton|
|Copper utensil scrap||730000.00||Rupee / Ton|
|Copper wire bars (HCL*)||738000.00||Rupee / Ton|
How do you calculate the weight of a transformer?
The transformer’s capacity in kilovolt amperes (kVA) multiplied by the basic impulse insulation level (BIL) gives the transformer’s weight estimation. Both known values are readily available for each transformer, making the calculation universal for all units.
How much does a 1500 kVA transformer weight?
kVA: 1500 – 3 Phase – Class: OA – 65 Degree C Rise – Polarity: Sub. High Voltage : 22860 GRD Y – Bil: 125 kV – Oil Gal.: 381 – Weight: 13200 Lbs.
How much does a 37.5 kVA transformer weight?
|Product:||Dry Type Transformer|
SIEMENS, Dry Type Transformer, Stock No. 11-9546, 1 Phase, KVA 37.5, Primary Voltage 480, Secondary Voltage 120/240, 2+4- Taps, 150 ºC Temp Rating, 4.0 Impedance Pct.,
, 36.00 Inches Height, 24.00 Inches Depth, Catalog Number 1D1Y037
What are the most collectible Transformers?
Most Expensive Transformers Toys and Collectibles
- G1 Sludge.
- G1 Jazz. …
- G1 Darkwing. …
- G1 Ratbat and Frenzy. Type of toy: Mini action figure. …
- Beast Wars Optimus Primal. Type of toy: Action figure. …
- G1 Perceptor. Type of toy: Action figure. …
- G1 Tailgate. Type of toy: Mini action figure. …
- G1 Metroplex. Type of toy: Action figure/playset. …
How much are Transformers comics worth?
Transformers CPV in the Top 50:
|Issue||Direct Edition Value||Type 1A Canadian Cover Price Variant Value|
|Marvel, 1/1985||Limited Series #3 Doug notes: Early app Black Costume SPIDER-MAN vs. Megatron, Cover & Story|
How much is the original Optimus Prime?
Original retail price of first generation Optimus Prime figure: $20.99. What you could get for it today: $600 in its original packaging, $120 on its own.
What is the most valuable transformer?
The Pepsi variant of everyone’s favorite Autobot is often the most expensive Transformers toy on the market (if it’s in good condition). This Optimus Prime is the same as the other toy, only it has Pepsi decals and was only available in North America, and it’s rarer than the regular version.
Who is the oldest transformer?
Billions of stellar cycles before the Decepticon movement had even been conceived, Alpha Trion fought in countless Cybertronian battles. He is, perhaps, the oldest Transformer anybody knows.
How much is a Pepsi Optimus Prime worth?
Pepsi Optimus Prime (Sold For $9,500)
How much do Transformers sell for?
Real-Time Online Price Guide Values for Transformers Toys
|Figure (G1 Transformers)||Sales Price|
|(1) Optimus Prime||
|(2) Megatron||Sealed: No Data Opened: $225 Loose: $124|
|(3) Soundwave||Sealed: $2300 Opened: $249 Loose: $54|
|(4) Starscream||Sealed: $750 Opened: $194 Loose: $78|
How much is Fortress Maximus worth?
2 Fortress Maximus: $30,000
This guy sold for a whopping $100 when it was released, which equates to around $300 bucks in today’s money.
Should I open my transformers?
Keep your collection boxed or open them up because it suits your taste. There is nothing wrong with that. Collect these toys because you love them.
What kind of oil is inside of a transformer?
Three basic types of transformer oil used are mineral oil (mostly naphthenic), silicone, and bio-based. Mineral oil based transformer oils dominate the consumption as it has good electrical and cooling properties, and provides cost-effective solution.
Do transformers have oil in them?
Transformer oil is a mineral based oil that is commonly used in transformers for its chemical properties and dielectric strength. This oil in your transformer acts as an insulator and a cooling agent. … The acid will form sludge which settles on the windings of the transformer resulting in reduced heat dissipation.