What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use. …
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music. …
- Sell It!
Similarly, What is a first generation iPod worth?
Five years ago, a factory-sealed first generation iPod sold for $20,000. A special edition U2 iPod has sold for as much as $90,000.
Additionally, Is the iPod classic obsolete? The Classic was discontinued in October, and it cost £229. … Where the biggest iPod Touch has just 64GB of storage, the Classic had up to 160GB. That’s enough space for 40,000 songs.
- 1 How can I use my iPod classic without iTunes?
- 2 How do I get rid of an old iPod?
- 3 How much was an iPod in 2005?
- 4 Are iPods going obsolete?
- 5 Are iPods obsolete?
- 6 Why are iPod classics so expensive?
- 7 What can I use instead of iTunes for my iPod?
- 8 How can I access my iPod without iTunes?
- 9 How do I get music off an old iPod?
- 10 What can you do with a dead iPod?
- 11 How do I recycle my iPod?
- 12 Can you throw away an iPod touch?
- 13 How much did an iPod cost in 2008?
- 14 How much were Ipods in 2010?
- 15 How much was the iPod touch when it first came out?
- 16 WHY IS THE iPod obsolete?
- 17 Do they still make ipods in 2020?
- 18 When did iPod become obsolete?
- 19 Will Apple release a new iPod in 2021?
- 20 Is iPod classic still good?
- 21 How good is the iPod classic?
- 22 Will an iPod classic still work with iTunes?
How can I use my iPod classic without iTunes?
How to Use an iPod on a Computer Without iTunes
- Connect your iPod to your computer using a USB cord.
- Click the “Start” menu, and select “My Computer.”
- Double-click the drive that contains your iPod. …
- Click the “Tools” menu, and select “Folder Options,” then choose the “View” tab. …
- Double-click the “iPod_Control” folder.
How do I get rid of an old iPod?
Apple will take back old Apple batteries and iPods for free recycling in their stores. For everything else, you need to use their mail back system. Mail-back Trade In. You can trade in most (but not all) working iPhones, iPads, certain smartphones, and notebooks and desktop computers (Mac or PC) for an Apple gift card.
How much was an iPod in 2005?
Major iPod Introductions
|iPod photo||October 2004||$499, $599|
|iPod shuffle||January 2005||$99; $149|
|Second-generation iPod mini||February 2005||
|iPod nano||September 2005||$199, $249|
22 oct. 2006
Are iPods going obsolete?
Are ipods obsolete? Answer: A: Answer: A: Apple still makes and sells the 6th generation iPod Touch, so its not entirely abandoned and is also much cheaper than an iPhone.
Are iPods obsolete?
Yes, the iPod (not the iPhone) was refreshed on Tuesday. And although the iPod and music players have become obsolete, there are some compelling reasons to actually buy one. And of course, there’s one big reason not to buy an iPod Touch.
Why are iPod classics so expensive?
The reason appears to be it is rare – Apple was having difficulty finding parts so decided to ditch the classic design. Getting one now will cost you more than buying any of the current range of iPods – and if you have one you don’t use, you might want to consider selling them.
What can I use instead of iTunes for my iPod?
Why Choose Wondershare Dr.
Fone – Phone Manager (Android) – The Best iTunes Alternative for iPod/iPhone/iPad
- Transfer from any Computer to any iDevice/Android without iTunes. Dr. …
- Support Songs and Videos in 30+ Different Formats. Dr. …
- Two-Way Synchronization – A Complete Solution. …
- Transfer Music Back into iTunes Library.
How can I access my iPod without iTunes?
How to Access Your Music Without Itunes!!
- Step 1: Download Sharepod. Go to your web browser. …
- Step 2: Open Sharepod. …
- Step 3: Create a New Folder on Your Desktop. …
- Step 4: Connect Your Ipod, Ipad or Iphone. …
- Step 5: Select Song/Songs You Want to Copy to Your Computer. …
- Step 6: Copy Song/Songs to the Ipod Music Folder.
How do I get music off an old iPod?
To add some or all of the music from your iPod to your iTunes library, go to either File > Add File to Library or File > Add Folder to Library in iTunes for Windows. If you’re using a Mac, go to File > Add to Library. Then select the files or folder you want to add.
What can you do with a dead iPod?
Six uses for a dead iPod
- Use the iPod, but with limits. …
- Use it during the day, or under lights. …
- Use an iPod as a source for iTunes. …
- Use it as a source for your car. …
- Connect the iPod to your stereo. …
- Use your iPod to store files.
How do I recycle my iPod?
Apple Recycling Program
Apple runs a refurbishing and recycling program for unwanted iPods and other Apple products. Mail in your iPod to be recycled, or bring it into an Apple retail location. Find out more. You will be given store credit for qualifying devices.
Can you throw away an iPod touch?
For free recycling of your old device, a prepaid shipping label, and instructions, see the Apple Trade In website. The symbol above means that according to local laws and regulations your product and/or its battery shall be disposed of separately from household waste.
How much did an iPod cost in 2008?
With only 8GB of storage capacity at a $299 price, the iPod touch seemed underequipped and overpriced when compared to the newer “$199” 8GB and “$299” 16GB iPhone 3G. It still lacked for a lot of the iPhone’s functionality. And neither its audio nor its video quality was up to Apple’s highest levels of performance.
How much were Ipods in 2010?
In October 2010, The price of the 8 GB model was reduced to $199, and all models were made available in both white and black.
How much was the iPod touch when it first came out?
It was originally introduced in October 2012 and is $299 for the 32GB version and $399 for the 64GB version. In May 2013, a 16GB 5th Gen model was released for $229 to replace the 4th Gen model before iOS 7 was released, as the 4th Gen model was not going to be supported.
WHY IS THE iPod obsolete?
Three years later, Apple discontinued the iPod Classic. At the time, the iPod was less than 2% of Apple’s revenue. … These were the last of Apple’s devices that didn’t connect to the internet, which meant they couldn’t use the services that Apple was focusing on, like the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple TV Plus.
Do they still make ipods in 2020?
Apple has discontinued all but the iPod touch, so if you would prefer one of the smaller, cheaper options getting your hands on one won’t be as easy as it used to be, but it isn’t impossible.
When did iPod become obsolete?
There was no option for a wrist strap, as there had been before, and it was solely available at launch in black with a silver back. That model was itself replaced by a seventh generation iPod touch in 2019. After Apple stops selling a device, it eventually becomes officially listed first as vintage, then as obsolete.
Will Apple release a new iPod in 2021?
Besides, the iPod Touch 8th Generation release date 2021 is not in rumors, but it is most likely to be released in the coming next months, after the official release of the iPhone 13.
Is iPod classic still good?
Sadly, iPod Classics were quietly discontinued in 2014, despite much rage from Apple lovers worldwide. You can try your luck grabbing a secondhand one on eBay, otherwise Apple still offers a solitary iPod model: the iPod Touch.
How good is the iPod classic?
The 160GB iPod Classic has excellent battery life and is the only choice if you want to carry a huge music library around with you. It’s disappointing that Apple hasn’t completely fixed the audio distortion issues, but if you can live with less than perfect audio quality then the iPod Classic is a good player.
Will an iPod classic still work with iTunes?
You can continue to use your iPod classic with iTunes Store purchases or ripped music from CDs. To reiterate the post above, while Apple may no longer be actively supporting iPod classic the current versions of iTunes and Music on Catalina should all be able to work with iPod classic.