Heinous crime means murder, assault, kidnapping, arson, burglary, robbery, rape or other sexual offense.
A heinous crime is very evil or wicked. Of course, some people only use the term as an exaggeration, claiming that their parents’ requirement that they write thank you notes after their birthdays is a heinous form of torture. … Think: treason, torture, the clubbing of baby seals. Heinous is pronounced HĀ-nəs.
Subsequently, What does Heinously mean?
Wicked; abominable: a heinous crime. 2. Informal Very unappealing; ugly: showed up wearing that heinous shirt. [Middle English, from Old French haineus, from haine, hatred, from hair, to hate, from Frankish *hatjan.] hei′nous·ly adv.
Also, Can a person be heinous?
adjective. (of a person or wrongful act, especially a crime) utterly odious or wicked. … ‘And he committed his heinous crime right here, down this very country lane. ‘
What does Henus mean?
adjective. hateful; odious; abominable; totally reprehensible: a heinous offense.
Last Review : 11 days ago.
- 1 What is an example of ambiguous?
- 2 What is the meaning of heinous sin?
- 3 What are the three types of ambiguity?
- 4 What is a slang word for disgusting?
- 5 What is an example of a threshold?
- 6 How do you describe disgusting?
- 7 What is the synonym of nearest?
- 8 What are some examples of ambiguity?
- 9 How do you describe something terrible?
- 10 What does closer mean in a relationship?
- 11 How do you know if a sentence is ambiguous?
- 12 What is another word for ambiguous?
- 13 Which two words are closest in meaning medley?
- 14 What is lexical ambiguity examples?
- 15 How do you use heinous in a sentence?
What is an example of ambiguous?
Ambiguity is when the meaning of a word, phrase, or sentence is uncertain. Examples of Ambiguity: … Sarah gave a bath to her dog wearing a pink t-shirt.
What is the meaning of heinous sin?
adj evil; atrocious. (C14: from Old French haineus, from haine hatred, from hair to hate, of Germanic origin; see hate)
What are the three types of ambiguity?
– Lexical ambiguity. Words have multiple meanings. …
– Syntactic ambiguity. A sentence has multiple parse trees. …
– Semantic ambiguity. …
– Anaphoric ambiguity. …
– Non-literal speech. …
– Ellipsis. …
– Example 2. …
– Syntactic constraints.
What is a slang word for disgusting?
revolting, nasty , sickening, repellent, nauseating, terrible , awful , odious, distasteful, fetid, foetid (UK), vomit-inducing, foul-smelling, filthy , dirty , gross (slang), yucky (slang), icky (slang), mucky (informal), noxious , squalid, sordid, unappetizing, unappetising (UK), unappealing, unsavory, unsavoury (UK) …
What is an example of a threshold?
The definition of a threshold is the entrance or start of something. An example of threshold is the doorway of a house. An example of threshold is the transition from high school to college. The point that must be exceeded to begin producing a given effect or result or to elicit a response.
How do you describe disgusting?
loathsome, sickening, nauseous, repulsive, revolting, repugnant, abhorrent, detestable.
What is the synonym of nearest?
– under one’s nose.
What are some examples of ambiguity?
– A good life depends on a liver – Liver may be an organ or simply a living person.
– Foreigners are hunting dogs – It is unclear whether dogs were being hunted, or foreigners are being spoken of as dogs.
How do you describe something terrible?
1 terrible, awful, appalling, frightful; hideous, grim, ghastly, shocking, revolting, repulsive, horrid, horrendous, horrifying, repellent.
What does closer mean in a relationship?
Most relationships psychologists define a close relationship as one in which people have the following distinctive experiences: They know each other well. They care about each other. They depend on each other.
How do you know if a sentence is ambiguous?
An ambiguous sentence has two or more possible meanings within a single sentence or sequence of words. This can confuse the reader and make the meaning of the sentence unclear.
What is another word for ambiguous?
Some common synonyms of ambiguous are cryptic, dark, enigmatic, equivocal, obscure, and vague. While all these words mean “not clearly understandable,” ambiguous applies to language capable of more than one interpretation.
Which two words are closest in meaning medley?
What is lexical ambiguity examples?
Lexical ambiguity is caused when two words have the same form (homonymy or homophony) or when a word has more than one meaning (polysemy). * A classic example of lexical ambiguity involves the word(s) bank. 1. I went to the bank.
How do you use heinous in a sentence?
– The criminal received the death penalty for his heinous crime. …
– When I forgot my wedding anniversary, my wife told me I had committed a heinous act. …
– The priest told the man that only God could forgive him for his heinous actions.