In this page you can discover 30 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for silky, like: smooth, sericeous, glossy, silky, soft, diaphanous, elegant, fine, flossy, gentle and plush.
– adj.pleasant, fine.
– adj.moral, virtuous.
– adj.competent, skilled.
– adj.useful, adequate.
– adj.reliable; untainted.
– adj.kind, giving.
– adj.authentic, real.
Subsequently, What is the opposite of silky?
Antonyms for silky healthy, rough, dull, harsh, poor, strong.
Also, What is the synonym of soft?
SYNONYMS FOR soft 1 pliable, plastic, malleable. 5 mellifluous, dulcet, sweet. 10 tender, sympathetic. 11 mollifying.
What is a fancy word for good?
SYNONYMS FOR good 1 pure, moral, conscientious; meritorious, worthy, exemplary, upright. 2 adequate. 3 outstanding, admirable.
Last Review : 6 days ago.
- 1 What is the antonym of silky?
- 2 What are synonyms give 5 examples?
- 3 What words can replace good?
- 4 What is a synonym for 5?
- 5 How do you use sulky in a sentence?
- 6 What is the synonym of sulkily?
- 7 How do you use kowtow in a sentence?
- 8 What is the 10 Example of synonyms?
- 9 What is the opposite smooth?
- 10 What are the 50 examples of synonyms?
- 11 How do you use kowtow?
- 12 What are 5 synonyms for nice?
- 13 Who is a soft person?
- 14 What silky hair means?
- 15 What are the antonyms?
What is the antonym of silky?
Antonyms of SILKY beardless, grainy, glabrous, broken, scratchy, hairless, gritty, ragged, roughened, irregular, coarse, rugged, pebbly, strong, poor, bumpy, smooth, rough, dull, shorn, shaved, shaven, lumpy, healthy, granular, scraggy, harsh, bald, jagged.
What are synonyms give 5 examples?
– Bad: awful, terrible, horrible.
– Good: fine, excellent, great.
– Hot: burning, fiery, boiling.
– Cold: chilly, freezing, frosty.
– Easy: Simple, effortless, straightforward.
– Hard: difficult, challenging, tough.
– Big: large, huge, giant.
– Small: tiny, little, mini.
What words can replace good?
You can replace the good that modifies “idea” with words like constructive, useful, sound, valuable, or sensible. The other good can be replaced with words such as positive, beneficial, propitious, or advantageous. Something that’s good for you is something that’s healthy, helpful, or useful.
What is a synonym for 5?
In this page you can discover 47 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for five, like: quinary, quintuple, pentagonal, pentagram, quintuplet, quinquennial, 5, pentagon, quint, quintet and thirteen.
How do you use sulky in a sentence?
– He put on a sulky expression.
– Sarah had looked sulky all morning.
– She brought along a couple of sulky looking kids.
– He lapsed into a sulky silence.
– Katherine sat in a sulky silence.
– I was quite sulky, so I didn’t take part in much.
– She brought along a couple of sulky looking kids who didn’t say a word all evening.
What is the synonym of sulkily?
Some common synonyms of sulky are crabbed, gloomy, glum, morose, saturnine, sullen, and surly. While all these words mean “showing a forbidding or disagreeable mood,” sulky suggests childish resentment expressed in peevish sullenness.
How do you use kowtow in a sentence?
– Be polite, but don’t kowtow to him.
– I refuse to kowtow to anyone.
– Her pride wouldn’t allow her to kowtow to anyone.
– We will not kowtow to the government.
– And it was not necessarily praiseworthy to kowtow to the government’s desire to avoid legislation.
What is the 10 Example of synonyms?
Amazing: astounding, surprising, stunning Fertile, fruitful, abundant, productive
Cohesive: united, connected, close-knit Intelligent: brilliant, clever, smart
Cunning: keen, sharp, slick Kindle: ignite, inflame, burn
Destitute: poor, bankrupt, impoverished Loyal: faithful, ardent, devoted
What is the opposite smooth?
What are the 50 examples of synonyms?
– Magnify – expand: He magnified their happiness like their pain.
– Baffle – confuse, deceive: The bad news he received consecutively confused him.
– Beautiful – attractive, pretty, lovely, stunning: You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life.
How do you use kowtow?
To perform a kowtow. (intransitive) To kneel and bow low enough to touch one’s forehead to the ground. (intransitive) To bow very deeply. (intransitive, figuratively) To act in a very submissive manner.
What are 5 synonyms for nice?
Who is a soft person?
Someone who is quick to apologise and fix things regardless of blame or fault. (Soft people need protection not because they are weak but because they have been broken brutally by those they have trusted with their hearts.) Be a soft person.
What silky hair means?
Silky is an adjective describing something smooth, soft, and glossy — like your friend’s silky hair or the silky fabric of a formal gown. Silky is a textural description, and it can be used to describe food, fabric, or hair. The word can also be used to describe vocal textures, as well.
What are the antonyms?
Antonyms are words that have contrasting, or opposite, meanings. Like so much of the English language, “antonym” is rooted in the Greek language. The Greek word anti means opposite, while onym means name.