Related terms are mails, mailed, mailing. … A second definition of the word mail is a type of flexible armor consisting of metal rings or metal plates. In addition, mail may be used in Scotland to mean payment of rent. Male refers to the sex that fertilizes an ovum.
Similarly, Is message masculine or feminine in French?
Words that end in -age, as in message and mirage, and -eau, like manteau (coat) and chapeau (hat), are usually masculine. On the other hand, most words that end in -ion, like libération and possession, and -té, such as liberté (freedom) and égalité (equality), are feminine.
Additionally, Is male and mail homophones? The words “mail” and “male” are homonyms because they sound identical, but their meanings are completely different.
- 1 What are homonyms examples?
- 2 What is messages in French?
- 3 How do you say messaging in French?
- 4 What is the homophone of the word male?
- 5 What are some good homophones?
- 6 Is mail a verb or noun?
- 7 What are 10 examples of homonyms?
- 8 What are the 20 examples of homonyms?
- 9 What are the 25 examples of homophones?
- 10 What is messages in Spanish?
- 11 How do you say I will text you in French?
- 12 What is the use of message?
- 13 How do you say email in French?
- 14 How do you use the word male in a sentence?
- 15 Can you give me a list of homophones?
- 16 What are the 100 examples of homophones?
- 17 What are the 20 examples of homophones?
- 18 What are 50 examples of homophones?
- 19 Is mail a verb or adjective?
- 20 What is the verb of mail?
- 21 What part of speech is mail?
What are homonyms examples?
Homonyms are two or more words with the same spelling or pronunciation, but with different meanings. … One of the most common examples of a homonym in English is the word ‘bat’. ‘Bat’ can mean a piece of equipment you use in some sports, and it’s also the name of an animal.
What is messages in French?
1. (= send a text message to) envoyer un message à 2. (= email) envoyer un message à
How do you say messaging in French?
- instant messaging n— messagerie instantanée f.
- text messaging n— message texte m.
- messaging system n— système de messagerie m.
What is the homophone of the word male?
Homophones – male or mail – Learn English Homophones.
What are some good homophones?
Some common examples of homophones, including the words used in a sentence, are:
- brake/break: When teaching my daughter how to drive, I told her if she didn’t hit the brake in time she would break the car’s side mirror.
- cell/sell: If you sell drugs, you will get arrested and end up in a prison cell.
Is mail a verb or noun?
verb. mailed; mailing; mails. Definition of mail (Entry 2 of 4) transitive verb. : to send by mail : post entry 4.
What are 10 examples of homonyms?
|Homonym||Meaning 1||Meaning 2|
|band||a musical group||a ring|
|bark||a tree’s out layer||the sound a dog makes|
|bat||an implement used to hit a ball||a nocturnal flying mammal|
|bright||very smart or intelligent||filled with light|
What are the 20 examples of homonyms?
Homonyms, Homophones, and Homographs
|accept – take in||except – other than|
|read – past tense of the verb to read||red – color|
|real – factual||reel – roll|
|right – correct; not left||write – scribble|
|ring – encircle||wring – squeeze|
16 juil. 2019
What are the 25 examples of homophones?
25 Sets of English Homophones All English Learners Should Know
- ate, eight. ate (verb): This is the simple past tense of the verb “to eat.” …
- bare, bear. bare (adjective): If something is bare, it means that it’s not covered or not decorated. …
- buy, by, bye. …
- cell, sell. …
- dew, do, due. …
- eye, I. …
- fairy, ferry. …
- flour, flower.
What is messages in Spanish?[ˈmesɪdʒ ] recado m. (formal) (figurative)
How do you say I will text you in French?
I’ll text you. Je vous enverrai un SMS.
What is the use of message?
A message is a discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients. A message may be delivered by various means, including courier, telegraphy, carrier pigeon and electronic bus. A message can be the content of a broadcast.
How do you say email in French?
French translation of ‘e-mail’
- e-mail address adresse f électronique ⧫ courriel m.
- e-mail message courriel m ⧫ e-mail m.
- e-mail traffic trafic m de messagerie ⧫ trafic m de courriels.
How do you use the word male in a sentence?
“He hoped to have a male heir.” “We are studying the male anatomy in Biology class.” “I’m taking a male companion to the party.” “The male employees are getting paid more than the female.”
Can you give me a list of homophones?
The following list of 70 homophone pairs contains only the most common homophones, using relatively well-known words.
Common Homophones List.
What are the 100 examples of homophones?
100 Examples of Homophones
- abel — able.
- accede — exceed.
- accept — except.
- addition — edition.
- all ready — already.
- 6.ax — acts.
- axel — axle.
- axes — axis.
What are the 20 examples of homophones?
20 Example of Homophones
What are 50 examples of homophones?
50 Homophones with Meanings and Examples
- Aunt (noun) or Aren’t (contraction) – …
- Ate (verb) or Eight(noun) – …
- Air (noun) or Heir (noun) – …
- Board (noun) or Bored (adjective) – …
- Buy (verb) or By (preposition) or Bye (exclamation) – …
- Brake (noun, verb) or Break (noun, verb) – …
- Cell (noun) or Sell (verb) –
Is mail a verb or adjective?
Mail can be an adjective, a verb or a noun.
What is the verb of mail?
mail Definitions and Synonyms
What part of speech is mail?
|part of speech:||
|part of speech:||transitive verb|
|inflections:||mails, mailing, mailed|
|definition:||to send (a letter, package, or the like) by means of the postal service. synonyms: airmail, send similar words: dispatch, express, forward, post, ship|
|related words:||drop, send|